Thursday, June 2, 2011

Work

Today was a big day.  We started off the day with a good friend at The Coffee Shop for some breakfast and coffee.  Then we headed home to meet Nana.  She picked up Zackary for his very first day of work at the hardware store.  This brings back such great memories for me.  I remember running the cash register and selling plants out front when I was about this big.  She brought him a band spankin new TrueValue shirt to put on, I packed his lunch, and he headed out the door for work.  He was so thrilled to go.  His job today was to put all the trucks, tractors, planes etc. on the display shelf.  This is a shelf that Zackary is very fond of every time he goes to the store.  He was paid 1 dollar, a blue tractor, and a snake.  Notice it around his neck.  It looks very real and freaks me out just a little.
This is one proud little hardware man.  Taking after his ever so special Papa.



While Zackary was a work, Lane and I got some much needed one on one time with each other.  We played the elephant game, watched a show, had a snack, then headed outside.  We had a great time just the two of us (Chloe was having a nice little nap during all this).  I love this little rascal.  
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah Robbins said...

That elephant is awesome! I used to love going into your parents' store. They always had such fun stuff. That is awesome that your kids get to make the same memories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails