Thursday, April 19, 2012

Props

I had found a super cute picture of a 1 year old with a smash cake in a bright colored high chair and really wanted to do something similar.  But I really wanted it to be somewhat meaningful.  I was determined to find a really cute antique high chair that I could paint turquoise.  I searched on Craig's list for a while trying to find something cute and just couldn't find anything I was looking for.  I was discussing this vision I had with my super trusty mother that has everything, and she said I could have her antique high chair.  I couldn't believe it, the boys actually used it several times and she was ready to get rid of it.  What timing that was!  I asked over and over if she was sure she was okay with me painting it and of course she was perfectly okay with it.  I really wish I had a true before picture.  She has had it for several years and it doesn't have a tray.  So Aaron had to get out the old saw and create a tray that would work for the smash cake.  So here it was getting a several coats of primer.  Note to self...spray paint in the grass, now a section of our rocks are turquoise.




Here is the final product.  It turned out absolutely perfect and I can't get over how cute the pictures turned out.  Now it is sitting in our dining room and I just can't bare to part with it forever.  Man, now I have 3 high chairs.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails