Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sushi Night

We decided to try and create our own sushi resurant in our kitchen.  We had Mark and Celia over to our house to enjoy some homemade sushi in the comfort of our own home.  Aaron and Mark were in charge of picking up all the fixins, they both headed to LeeLee's Market and Whole Foods for fresh fish.  I think we all did a pretty dang good job of creating rolls the were absolutely delish.  Here they are...




We did get a little crazy and had some leftovers.  I'm not sure if it was any less expensive than going out, but is was sure fun and great to see every ones different ideas.
Here was the gourmet children's plates.  They were pretty happy with their meals.
Thanks Mark and Celia for joining us and making some delicious sushi!

This really makes me laugh.  I didn't really capture the full visual of what was going on.  We put on Ice Age for the kids to buy us a little more time to finish stuffing our faces.  I looked over to check on them and Lane kept putting his hands over his eyes but peeking through his fingers to watch the movie, in between shoveling popcorn in his mouth.  When anything thing is scary to him he just covers his eyes. 
It reminds me of my brothers when we were little watching scary shows from behind the
couch and peeking over to watch it anyways.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Oh my word, my mouth is WATERING! I love sushi, and after seeing these pictures I'm gonna need some. Pronto!

Related Posts with Thumbnails