Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Letting Go

So here it is.  Our house on any given day.  Yes, it is a disaster!  And it makes me crazy.  But I am letting go.  Letting go of all the nonsense.  This stuff doesn't matter.  The mess can wait.  It will all still be there to clean up later.  Now don't get me wrong, I like things tidy, but I guess with 3, I have to give up.  Otherwise I can spend my entire day chasing after them cleaning, standing at the sink doing dishes, putzing around trying to keep up with the house.  But at the end of the day, it all really doesn't matter.  I don't want my kids to remember me as crazy cleaning mom.  I want to spend that time with them.  But man, this drives me crazy.  Like the counters full of random things.

A dining room table full...(and not of food and guests)


And a dishwasher full of large items...I typically 'do' all the large items and load the little ones.  But, this is one thing I have to let go of.  And here you have it.  Pots and pans, platters, racks etc in the dishwasher.  I now am running it once a day, sometimes twice.  But it prevents me from standing at the sink half the day.  I know this is all a bit ridiculous, but they are things I have always done and now with all the directions I'm being pulled I have to let go.  So here I am confessing that my house is a disaster when we are home for the day!


Disclaimer:  This is not intended to scare anyone that is pregnant or working on the second or third precious little baby.  Because every second of the chaos is worth it.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

{little birdie boutique} said...

thank you so much for posting this! My house is a disaster. I feel like all I do is try and stay on top of it and it's really pointless. The cleaning will be waiting for us forever, but our babies will only be little for a short time :)

Hakes House said...

LOL... this is awesome. ahhhhh, ok mom's let's all breathe a huge sigh of relief together now.

Hakes House said...

I SPY BIG BETTY ON THE COUNTER!!!!!

The Whyte House said...

I feel ya! I'm right there with you. I think it looks great :) I do think this stage in our lives is short lived so we better enjoy it.

CandiLand said...

I bet our moms felt just like this when we were growing up. I remember your house, and mine, being very clean... with the exception of the toys were playing with that day. No one will remember those "messes" anyway... they will remember all of the fun times they had growing up and what a SuperMom they had; just like us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails