Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Simplify

I'm trying to make a lot of changes around here, mainly to decrease my stress level.  I get tied up and often preoccupied with "stuff" and "things" that need to get done (like cleaning off the counter, and not having dishes in the sink all day).  But this is what I need to be doing.  Focusing on my precious little children.  One of my first changes is to pre plan meals (which I should have been doing all along, for many different reasons).  I tend to stand at the frig or pantry at 4:30 when it is complete chaos and decide what I don't want to make.  The last thing you want to do at the end of a crazy day is to figure out what to cook for dinner.  So I have decided to plan ahead at the beginning of the week.  We plan a few meals and expect some left overs or possibly take out for the other days.  So in the morning, when everyone is happy and has their good listening ears on we make dinner.  Here I have a great picture of Zackary entertaining Chloe while Lane and I did the cooking.  It worked out perfect and I just have to throw dinner in the oven in the afternoon.  And boy has this helped so much.  We have a good dinner and every one gets to participate.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails