Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chalkboard Mason Jars

So I've become totally obsessed with Pinterest.  Man it can suck you in for hours upon hours of just looking for more stuff to do, more tasks to complete, more crafts for kids, everything you could ever imagine is on Pinterest.  So if you have tons of extra time, (just like I do, oh wait, I don't) hop on the ol' computer and waste some precious time.  You will be happy you did.
I however recommend actually doing the projects not just pinning all day!  I thought these mason jars with a little chalkboard square to write you name were so cute.  It was perfect for our first Thanksgiving Day dinner at our house.  You see, Aaron (my amazing chef husband) was in charge of cooking and I was in charge of decorating and getting everything organized.  Teamwork!  So I started my project over the weekend.  It really didn't take that long, I also suckered Aaron into helping me tape.
I had to put 2 coats of chalkboard paint on.  This was a 2 day process, because it got too late for me to stay up and wait the four hours between coats.  Needless to say, I had 2 little helpers the next morning painting the second coat.  They did a pretty good job and didn't make too big of a mess.

I cut out cute fall fabric strips to tie around the top of the glass to add a little fall flair.  I love flair!  Luckily my mom seems to have everything on hand and brought me over several options of fall fabric.  So I got to avoid another trip shopping spree at Hobby Lobby (which might be my new favorite store, that happens to be about 3 miles from my house).  

Here is the final mason jar chalkboard glasses.  They looked so cute and were a huge hit at the party.  Everyone got to write their name on their cup, there was no mistaking your beverage this time.  I recommend using liquid chalk, which I also picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I doesn't smudge easily, but wipes off with water.  




I'm so happy these turned out so well.  They will get used often.  I can just change the tie to be festive for the occasion.  I can't wait to use them again!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah Robbins said...

Those turned out so great! And you can use them for all kinds of occasions now, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails